1422 Elbridge Payne Road #250, Chesterfield, MO 63017
Phone: 217/251-3659; e-mail: editor@ruralmarketingnews.com
STUDY REVEALS THAT LOG HOMES ARE INCREASINGLY POPULAR FOR RETIREMENT LIVING
Source: Real Log Homes press release

Log Homes are hugely popular for retirement living according to a new survey of log home buyers conducted as part of this July's National Log Home Open House Month.

The survey, by Real Log Homes, showed 59% of active buyers plan to retire in a log home. Of those, 44% said they were looking for a log home for retirement immediately while 15% want a vacation-to-retirement home, totaling 59%.

Of the remaining buyers, 28% were looking to build their dream home and 7% were first-time homebuyers.

Real Log Homes (http://realloghomes.com) conducted the survey as part of National Log Home Month established by Congress and sponsored by the National Association of Homebuilders' (NAHB) Log Homes Council in Washington, DC: http://www.loghomes.org.

Some 100 Real Log Homes representatives nationwide will open log homes to visitors throughout July. For details or to arrange a home tour, contact a local representative at: www.realloghomes.com/findyourrep

"A growing number of customers, today, want a log home for senior living," says Richard Neroni, president of W.H. Silverstein, Inc., in Claremont, New Hampshire, owner of Real Log Homes. The survey polled 12,000 buyers with 221 responding.

"Log home lovers love home life too," says Neroni adding, "At least 60% said entertaining family and friends was 'very important.' Likewise, 61% want a wraparound porch and 65% want an open floor plan, both conducive to hosting large gatherings." Results summary is at http://realloghomes.com/content/log-home-lovers-survey

Log homes have evolved from recreational log cabins into fulltime residences with custom kitchens, luxury baths and energy-efficient technology throughout.

According to scientific studies, logs absorb heat energy during the day and radiate it at night to even out temperatures, making occupants feel more comfortable while using less energy.